The LDAP connector for Openpipeline is the result of the latest activity at the Findwise development department which makes it easy to make the LDAP structure searchable. As always with a connector, you get direct access to the source which ensures a very efficent indexing and good control over the indexed information.
The LDAP connector has a number of features, some noted below:
- SSL support – Supports LDAP over SSL
- Pagination – LDAP entries can be retrieved in batches if the LDAP server supports the PagedResultControl. This increases performance and reduces memory consumption drastically
- Incremental indexing – If the LDAP server flag each update to an entry with a timestamp, the connector can use this timestamp to only fetch updated entries.
- Delete entries – LDAP entries that has been removed since the last run will be removed from the index
- Attribute specification – Specify what attributes that should be returned for each entry. By only retrieving the attributes you need, performance is increased.
Interested of knowing more about the connector, or do you have any experience you like to share when indexing LDAP directories? Please drop a comment!