“The Why and How of Findability” presented by Kristian Norling at the ScanJour Kundeseminar in Copenhagen, 6 September 2012. We can make information findable with good metadata. The metadata makes it possible to create browsable, structured and highly findable information. We can make findability (and enterprise search) better by looking at findability in five different dimensions.
Five dimensions of Findability
1. BUSINESS – Build solutions to support your business processes and goals
2. INFORMATION – Prepare information to make it findable
3. USERS – Build usable solutions based on user needs
4. ORGANISATION – Govern and improve your solution over time
5. SEARCH TECHNOLOGY – Build solutions based on state-of-the-art search technology